The Billing menu contains everything you need to find and work with your billing account information. The user interface combines invoices, payments and adjustments under a single screen so everything is one place where you would expect to find it.
Under the Billing Menu you can:
- Quickly find your current balance.
- Lookup and review your invoices.
- Review account activity, past and present.
- Make payments online.
Finding the Account Summary
The Account Summary is available to users who have been granted administrative or billing permissions for the account. If you are unable to access the Billing menu, contact the account administrator at your company who is responsible for setting your organization's user permissions.
Under the billing menu (Figure 1 below) you'll find three options:
- Billing Information: this is where you manage your payment method for online payment (credit card or ACH/e-Check banking information).
- Customers paying by check will submit checks to the remit address shown on the invoice.
- Search Billing: to find an invoice, payment or adjustment, use this advanced search tool.
- Account Summary: this option will bring up your account summary screen.
To locate your account summary, select Billing | Account Summary.
The Account Summary screen is broken into two primary sections, Billing Information and Billing Detail.
The Billing Information section displays high level information about your billing account.
- Billing Account Number: This is your account number. Use this number as a reference when you have an inquiry about a bill or a balance.
- Company Name: The company name on the billing account.
- TaxID: The Federal tax identification number provided for the billing account, if provided. Tax ID is not required information for all ChassisManager equipment providers.
- Billing Address: The billing address provided for the billing account
- Current Balance: The sum of the balance from your most recent invoice plus any new debit adjustments, LESS any new credit adjustments or payments posted in the current bill cycle.
- Pending Charges: The sum of pending charges for all current pre-invoice usage associated with your billing account.
- Auto Payment Authorized: Indicates whether you've agreed to pay invoices automatically using your payment method on file. When Y is displayed, your payment instrument will be charged automatically when your invoice is due. When N is displayed, you can make payments with the Make Payment function on the Invoices panel.
- Primary Email Address: Displays the email address for the primary billing point of contact provided for the billing account. Invoice notifications are emailed to this user.
Billing detail contains three tabbed pages (as seen in the figure below) detailing activity for Invoices, Payments and Adjustments.
Each page contains functionality common to all ChassisManager grids. You can sort and search by column. You can reorder and hide columns that aren't useful to you. You can save custom views for re-use and you can output your results to a CSV for distribution or further analysis. Read the following article on ChassisManager grid functionality for more detail: Grid navigation
The “Invoices” sub-tab on the Account Summary gives you ready access to the last 90 days of invoices on your account. To get a copy of an old invoice, sign in to your account summary and select the PDF you wish to download from the grid.
To locate invoices older than 90 days, select Billing | Search Invoices.
Here you’ll be able to select for a specific invoice number, date or date range, or invoice status.
Invoices remain in “Open” status until all usage has been paid or credits have been applied.
You can make a payment on an invoice by selecting it and clicking on the "Make a Payment" button. For more information about making a payment, please refer to this article: Making payments
- Invoice#: displays your invoice number
- Invoice Date: the invoice date
- Due Date: the invoice due date
- Invoice Amount: the Chassis Usage total for the invoice
- Rental Tax: the Rental Tax total for the invoice
- Amount to Pay: the unpaid balance on the invoice
- Status: Open indicates the invoice is due, Closed indicates the invoice has been paid or reconciled
- Download: download a copy of the invoice in PDF format
The Payments sub-tab displays the last 90 days of payments, most recent on top. When you use an on-line payment method, you can view your payments immediately after you make them. If you pay by check, payments will become visible when posted by the lessor’s A/R clerks.
To locate information on an older payment, select Billing | Search Paymentsfrom the menu. Here you can search by a date or date range to locate additional payment activity.
- Billing Account Number: Displays your billing account number.
- Payment Status: Indicates whether your payment has been received, posted, processed, voided:
- Completed: Payment received and posted.
- Processing: Payment received and processing (for on-line and automated payments only).
- Void: Payment was voided or there was an error in the payment gateway (for online and automated payments only).
- Payment Date: Date the payment was posted.
- Description: Any comments made by you when submitting your payment.
- Amount: Amount of payment.
- Authorization Number: Credit card authorization reference.
- Reference: Payment gateway transaction reference for on-line and automated payments.
If you dispute usage after the invoice is issued and you are given a credit, you will be able to view that transaction on your Account Summary in ChassisManager on the “Adjustments” sub-tab of the Account Summary.
- Amount: Amount of the adjustment.
- Type: Indicates that the adjustment was made manually.
- Reason: Adjustment reason.
- Description: Any comments made about your adjustment by the customer service representative.
- This is a good source to refer to comments on your adjustments. Due to space limitations on the invoice PDF, description comments are frequently truncated.
- Invoice: References the invoice that your adjustment was posted on.
- Status: May be posted (complete) or pending.
- Date: Date the adjustment was posted to your account.
To search for a credit by date or specific criteria, you may alternately use the Billing | Search Adjustments menu.
Please note that lessors may have specific rules and restrictions concerning post-Invoice disputes. In general, lessors allow for 30 days’ post bill cycle approval to accept a dispute. Should your request fall outside the lessor guidelines, you will be notified when your dispute ticket is reviewed.